03 Sport Trac ABS light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 13:47   #1 (permalink)

03 Sport Trac ABS light

Hi All, Failed Inspection for Driver side Wheel Bearing. I ordered Front hub assembly. Replaced on Saturday when I received it. Passed Inspection on Monday, and come Tuesday Abs light on. I shut truck down and restart it. Light is off. I drive and then apply brakes and light comes on. I shut off when I get home and restart. No light. I take it down the street briskly and slam on brakes ABS activates and no light. On return to my house ABS light comes on without braking. Wednesday wake up and start Truck, ABS and Emergency Brake lights on. I engage the Emergency brake and Release it and Emergency Brake light goes out and ABS stays lit. Now ABS light stays on constantly. Could the new hub be fouling the system cause it is a new sensor or could I have another problem. Thanks Greatly.
Ed
Eddiestar47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 19:33   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: 03 Sport Trac ABS light

I'm sure the new hub is fine, but don't rule it out just because I said that. Chances are he other hub is gone. ABS sensors generally come on new hubs, as they're a sealed unit. To replace the sensor alone will run upwards of $125 (CAD$). When a hub is only an extra hundred and some more, it's a good idea to get the hub. Anyway, you might also have a bad rear wheel speed sensor. It can also affect the speedo in the lower speeds only. To know for sure, you'd have to get the vehicle scanned to narrow down the ABS light problem. ABS SUCKS (my opinion).
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator