Re: 04 Sport Trac Door Lock Problem
It's usually the actuator that causes that. Here's how to remove the trim.
The window must be completely down to remove the front door trim panel.
1. On high series front door trim panel, disconnect the battery ground cable
2. Remove the screws by the door handle.
3. Remove the inside door handle cup.
4. On low series front door trim panel, remove the screw and the window regulator handle.
5. Start in a lower corner and work around the panel and separate the front door trim panel from the front door to disengage the pin-type retainers.
6. Lift the front door trim panel to disengage the top lip from the weatherstrip.
7. Position the front door trim panel aside to get at the inside of it.
8. Separate the power window switch finish panel from the door trim panel.
Release the locking tabs.
9. If equipped, remove the courtesy lamp bulb from the lens and remove the front door trim panel.