Ford Forums banner

05 Mountaineer remote keyless doesn't work

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  srmarty 
#1 ·
Keyless entry keypad on the door works fine but neither "fob" works even after trying new batteries. Even went through the reprogramming. Thinking a fuse or module gone bad. Can't find either. thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Well your keyless remote might be bad, you could probably go to the dealership and get another one. How are you programming the remote. It should be moving the key in the ignition up and down 8 times and then pressing the remote keys once. That should do something.

Hope that helps.

#3 ·
I did the reprogramming by the book but after I press any button the doors do not lock and unlock indicating that programming is complete. The keypad on the door works but neither "fob" works. They both stopped working at the same time and I tried a new battery for them. My signal is either not getting to the remote control sensor, or maybe there is a fuse just for that particular function. In any case, I haven't found where the sensor is and all fuses appear good. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.