2001 Ford Exploer centennial edition power windows - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 16:08   #1 (permalink)

2001 Ford Exploer centennial edition power windows

I will combine a question with a short introduction Hello all for ND I’m a electrician by trade and only wrench when i have too.So I have a problem with my passenger side front window.Had the same problem two months ago.But Window goes down not up.All other windows work so not a bad fuse.Tried opening closing the down real slow to check for broken wires.Makes no difference replace the door switch with known good one still nothing the switch glows with the rest of the interior lights so I know there is power there.
volt meter shows 11.5 volts on both up and down going to the harness.Replaced motor and regulator one month ago same issue down and no up.I can hear when i press the down switch the motor try to work and nothing when i press up.Tried tapping on the motor while pressing on the switch.Tried running a piece of 12 awg from the battery right to the motor and nothing.Window does not seem to be off the track.What am i missing?
I was and cold hour ride home on the interstate this evening only 35 degrees out.
cad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator