2002 Explorer keypad code? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2006, 15:14   #1 (permalink)

Question 2002 Explorer keypad code?

Does anyone know where the keypad code is the 2002 Explorer. I work at a Ford dealer and I sold a customer a 2002 Explorer but the codes where not with the vehicle. I dont want to send her to the service department cuz they will charge 1/2hr. labor. It's has to be somewhere.

Thanks

CincyFordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2006, 16:57   #2 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

Re: 2002 Explorer keypad code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFordman
Does anyone know where the keypad code is the 2002 Explorer. I work at a Ford dealer and I sold a customer a 2002 Explorer but the codes where not with the vehicle. I dont want to send her to the service department cuz they will charge 1/2hr. labor. It's has to be somewhere.

Thanks

I work at a dealership too and they should have run the diagnostic computer to get the code before the used vehicle was sold. That is SUPPOSED to be part of the safety check when vehicles are checked in when they are traded in to be resold. So, I would let them know that a code was never pulled when the safety check was performed so they dont have to charge them.

That or have a mechanic friend hook up the portable computer and runit real fast. It only takes about a min or two....depending on how fast the computer is running.
2003 Explorer XLT Limited
Monroe, MI

I'd rather be judged by twelve then carried by six
98shotoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 19:38   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98shotoy
I work at a dealership too and they should have run the diagnostic computer to get the code before the used vehicle was sold. That is SUPPOSED to be part of the safety check when vehicles are checked in when they are traded in to be resold. So, I would let them know that a code was never pulled when the safety check was performed so they dont have to charge them.

That or have a mechanic friend hook up the portable computer and runit real fast. It only takes about a min or two....depending on how fast the computer is running.

That's what I was thinking. I'll ask about it. Yes we do run the diagnostic computer before the vehicle is sold. I thought it was a seperate download. Thanks for the info.
CincyFordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 19:56   #4 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

No probelmo....like I said...it only takes like a min or two so DONT let them tell you otherwise.
2003 Explorer XLT Limited
Monroe, MI

I'd rather be judged by twelve then carried by six
98shotoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50   #5 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFordman

Thanks

Hey man, It's under the plastic, on the passenger side, under the very back window, next to the rear passenger door jam. You have to pull some trim loose, then pull the plastic cover open and look down in the inside of the fenderwell. You'll see a box like an ignition box or something. The original code is on a tag on that box. I found it the hard way. My dealer didn't know where it was either.

Dave
Old 02-11-2006, 13:33   #6 (permalink)

I have a mountaineer and they are identical I got the code in 8 minutes...follow the instructions below

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...24ffc038e0d1e1
pomastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator