2003 Ford Explorer XLT: code p0775: solenoid b malfunction. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 19:23   #1 (permalink)

Question 2003 Ford Explorer XLT: code p0775: solenoid b malfunction.

I've searched this forum but havent found an answer. My 2003 Ford Explorer XLT (121K Miles) got error code p0775: solenoid b malfunction. What do I have to do to fix this problem? Whatever it is is causing the transmission to slip and today it overheated on the freeway (My O/D light is also blinking). I got it home and when I parked it, it was smoke coming from underneath the hood. I really like this car and would like to keep it, but will it be costly to keep it? Is solenoid B just a small part i can fix?

Thanks in advance
Msplaygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 16:26   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: 2003 Ford Explorer XLT: code p0775: solenoid b malfunction.

To fix the solenoid you have to replace it. I believe they come in what's known as a 'block' only. I believe it will run close to $300, but it depends on the dealership. I'm not sure if you can buy them anywhere else. If you can lift up the vehicle you can change it yourself in 2-3hours. Be careful if you do, and refill with fresh fluid. Don't just fill up the pan while the car isn't running. You have to have the car running, in park, and have the fluid come back out the fill hole before you have enough in. Then take it for a drive and make sure you go through the gears, park the vehicle in neutral with the parking brake engaged and check the fluid again to make sure it's within proper operating parameters.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator