2005 Explorer - Window - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2004, 12:09   #1 (permalink)

2005 Explorer - Window

I have owned Fords for 15 years (Rangers) with little to no problem. I bought my wife a 2005 Explorer because she is pregnant with our first and ithought its a hell of a lot safer then her little car. The rear window EXPLODED in a parking garage the other day with no one around and driving at 10mph. Dealership says a recall was in effect for that problem 2003-04 but none yet on 2005. Anyone know about this problem? They don't know if I have to pay yet. I won't spend a red cent to fix it, obviously a manufacturing problem but the dearlership has yet to contact me.
Pilaucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2004, 13:00   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: 2005 Explorer - Window

I've seen this happen on several occasions. a good number of vehicles in transit on car carriers or on trains have this happen. I would talk to your insurance company. I am sure they are aware of this sort of problem and would be willing to wave the deductable. Sometimes they go back after the auto company to be reimbursed. In some cases you can just pay a minimal 20$ deduct, depending on your policy.

Personally I would go up the chain of command at the dealership. Service guy not giving satisfaction move on up to the service manager. If that is not giving you any satisfaction then contact the regional Ford Rep. If that does not give you satisfaction call Dearborn. If that does not give you any satisfaction then you can always call the attorney general of your state as well as some news agencies. Bet the local news teams would love to get a story on a defect that the Big bad Corporation was sticking it to the average working Joe.

Just my two cents.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 18:48   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Explorer - Window UPDATE 1

UPDATE: Ford dealership here (McKenna Ford in Kailua Hawaii) says I have to pay, they don't know why it broke like that but there is currently no recall or service notices out on this year. I told them unacceptable and they have called their Regional Ford rep for his inputs. We told them bottom line, we are not paying for something that we did not do. They are suppose to get back with us in 24 hours. Their position is that something (or someone) punctured the plastic piece that fits on the rear windshield wiper which cracked the glass. Our position is that the "puncture" mark is from the wiper mechanism smashing to the ground in a pile of broken glass. Stay tuned...
Old 12-18-2004, 12:17   #4 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Explorer - Window - FINAL

The Reg Ford Rep called and said that Ford didn't know exactly what had happened but they didn't think it was a manufacturing defect, therefore we had to pay. I sent a letter to the dealership Pres/GM, VP, customer service manager, sales manager and CC'd Ford Motor Company Customer Relations, my insurance company, both local newspaper editorial boards, the BBB and the local Action Line. The Pres/GM called me within an hour of getting the email (hard copies were sent via registared USPS). He apologized for how we were treated and asked for a few days to work on it at his level. He called back on the 2nd day and said Ford would not change their position but he said at the dealership level they would fix everything and asked that we pay for the painting of a small metal piece that got sratched up ($200). I thought the offer fair since the piece was probably scratched from the security guard at the spot of the incident brushing everything aside to let other cars pass. I asked that he provide in writing a reason why Ford did not think it was covered under warranty for my records which he agreed to do. The GM was professional and courteous which I appreciated. So while we are still not pleased with Ford Motor Company, at least their representative here in Hawaii is willing to back their product. If the 2005 models have a recall or service notice put out because of defective rear windows (as the 2003-04 models did) I will go after Ford Motor Company just for making this ordeal a pain in the ass and because I would have in writing why they didn't think it was a problem at first. At least McKenna Ford in Kailua still believes in customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator