Ford Forums banner

2007 Mountaineer will not crank after wrong Gas

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
My wife accidentally put Diesel in my 07 Mountaineer. She filled it and then drove for a mile or two before it died. After getting tow to house I notice when the key was turned to on or attempt to crank, the dash said fuel empty as well as the picture of the wrench. Thought that was odd since tank was full, but with diesel. So I proceeded to drain the tank of Diesel, put in about 2 gallons of regular gas and car still will not crank. Turn key, I believe I hear the fuel pump for a few seconds. dash still says fuel empty.

When I say will not crank it does not try to start at all. Checked battery and it's good. Any ideas ?

#4 ·
First thing to do Tony is to tell your wife she needs to do something extra special for you tonight for wrongly filling it up with diesel :smile2:.

Im guessing she may have cranked it quite alot when it stopped to try and get it running again. If you don't find that the suggestions from Bert or RS Logan are the problem then it might be worth re checking the battery or trying a jump start. The starter could have had quite a workout from it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.