6 disc cd changer error message - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09   #1 (permalink)

6 disc cd changer error message

What can I do about my 6 disc cd changer that shows CD E1 error message when I press CD button? Book says mechanism problem. Does this mean I need a new one?
yclark1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2008, 21:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: 6 disc cd changer error message

this was a common problem.

often times it means new stereo time. They can also be remanufactured for a little less. If you remove the stereo, I think there is a manual eject access somewhere. You need to use a paper clip or something... any other input from the forum on this?
847alexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 17:51   #3 (permalink)

Re: 6 disc cd changer error message

I have had a same or similar problem for six years in my 2002 Explorer XLT. When shuffling from one CD to another or trying to eject a CD, the mechanism frequently jams and the error message pops up. Sometimes a credit card gently slid over the top of the CD when the slot opens up will allow it to eject; other times not. Sometimes the door never opens. I have to repeatedly remove and reinsert the fuse for that circuit to completely de-power it. After several times it may reinitialize and clear up. On a couple of occasions I have removed the unit but I never found a manual eject /release button. I am about to order a replacement unit from Crutchfield but the Explorer "premium" sound system has a separate amplifier so some additional adapter is needed. I would never consider getting a replacement Ford unit or rebuilding the original one. In the meantime I am using this as a "single play" model only order to avoid losing more than one compact disc.
NCVinVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator