Can't enter my SUV from the drivers side. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 08:22   #1 (permalink)

roll Can't enter my SUV from the drivers side.

Good morning Forum,

My driver side door seldom opens (when I click my key fob?), the rest of the door(s) unlock. I have to go around, open the passenger side door and reach over and open the driver door; this is a pain in bad weather.
I have replaced the batteries in the key fob, same problem. What will I have to (buy, repair) to get my explorer back up and fully operational? I would appreciate all suggestions, and comments. Thanks.
roseann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 11:10   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Can't enter my SUV from the drivers side.

Not sure about that car , but it sounds like door lock actuator / solenoid needs replacing . Sometimes if your lucky they may be sticking and can be freed off but this entails stripping down door for examination. Best I can suggest .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 17:07   #3 (permalink)
Thing 1

Re: Can't enter my SUV from the drivers side.

You have not cited the year of your vehicle. If it is the 95-01 you may also have a broken return spring on the outside door handle itself. The push rods inside the door with the actuator all need to be adjusted correctly to open. When the spring breaks- it misaligns the rod. If you lift up slightly on the handle and it unlocks-this is the problem. New handle is required as well as the rivets need to be drilled out and an oversized rivet gun to rivet back in place if this is it.

Both posts are possible and the most likely cause for the problem on the years referenced.
1meanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator