door lock code, 98 explorer. HELP ! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2005, 09:49   #1 (permalink)
65 Falcon in6, in shop

Question door lock code, 98 explorer. HELP !

my friend has an 1998 ford explorer eddie bauer edition and it somes with the door unlock combination, but she never has used it and has no idea what the passcode is

request: could someone tell me where the numbers are located on the car, or if they are somewhere to be found.

i know on lincoln cars they put the numbers for the code on the trunk supports, but the explorer has no such thing.
revoltdeceased is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2005, 14:15   #2 (permalink)
Drive Fast Safety Last

Re: door lock code, 98 explorer. HELP !

it should be in the owners manual, i know on some of the cars the number is on a sticker on the trunk arm, but im not sure about the trucks.
Dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:35   #3 (permalink)

biggrin Re: door lock code, 98 explorer. HELP !

Look in the rear, driver side panel wher the jack is kept. There is a small computer box inside. The numbers for your code are on it unless someone changed the code from its original factory setting.
djmp2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:44   #4 (permalink)
speedyex

Thumbs up Re: door lock code, 98 explorer. HELP !

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoltdeceased
my friend has an 1998 ford explorer eddie bauer edition and it somes with the door unlock combination, but she never has used it and has no idea what the passcode is

request: could someone tell me where the numbers are located on the car, or if they are somewhere to be found.

i know on lincoln cars they put the numbers for the code on the trunk supports, but the explorer has no such thing.
I have a 99' Ford Explorer XLT and i found my code in the trunck of the truck behind the plastic cover where your tire jack and wrench are!!!!! There will be two plastic knobs that you will have to turn to open and lift it off, real simple. The code will be on the fender wall, bring paper and pen to write and possibly a flash light so you can see the code clearly!!! Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
speedyex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 23:05   #5 (permalink)
PVK

Programming keyless entry codes (driver door panel keypad).

The computer module is located inside the same cargo area side storage panel that contains the jack. The 5 digit code taped to the computer module is the factory set code.

To erase any personal code set by the prior owner, use these steps:
1. Use the keypad to enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds, press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously.
3. The system will now respond only to the factory set code.

You can program your own personal code via these steps:
1. Use the keypad to enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds, press the 1/2 button
3. Within five seconds, begin entering your personal five digit code.
(Each subsequent keypress must be within five seconds of the previous)
4. The system will now respond to both your new personal code and the factory set code.
5. Put the factory set code you wrote down in a safe place. It will always open your door, and it won't do you any good if locked inside your vehicle.

If you have trouble, see the owners manual section "Controls and features" or the index for "Keyless Entry System".

Good luck!
PVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:46   #6 (permalink)

Smile Re: door lock code, 98 explorer. HELP !

I just bought a 98 Exlporer XLT with 9000 miles! Anyway, I was looking for the entry code and didn't know where the computer module was located. A quick Google search brought me here and this thread provided the solution. It literally took 2 minutes. I thank you for your contribution. Ain't the interweb great!?

rp
rpfotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:02   #7 (permalink)
1988 F-150

Thank you for all your help. I have had a1997 Explorer for about 2 years and refuse to pay a dealer to tell me what the keyless code is. I found this site and found my code in less then 5 minutes. Thank you very much.
jjwwrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 19:03   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmp2006
Look in the rear, driver side panel wher the jack is kept. There is a small computer box inside. The numbers for your code are on it unless someone changed the code from its original factory setting.
Even if changed the original code will still work.
MrPippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 22:02   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwwrr
Thank you for all your help. I have had a1997 Explorer for about 2 years and refuse to pay a dealer to tell me what the keyless code is. I found this site and found my code in less then 5 minutes. Thank you very much.
My local dealer was very helpful in finding the code. Climbed in the back with a flashlight, found the code, wrote it down for me on a business card and handed it to me. All for no charge. Your local dealer must really suck.
MrPippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 18:13   #10 (permalink)

just in case.....................i tried to find my code n had a slight of trouble, come to find out that this code can also be found just above the wheel well, its attatched to a little white box, just in the front of it on a big white sticker, same area just a little bit different place..........hope this helps good luck!!
MBuhr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator