Ford explorere 2008 battery drain - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 08:43   #1 (permalink)

Ford explorere 2008 battery drain

Hello,

I have a ford explorer 2008, I suspect that the radio is draining the battery while the car is off and locked. Using multimeter (connected in series between battery and car terminals) I got these numbers
power usage with radio fuse in: 400 milliamps
power usage with radio fuse removed: 40 milliamps
I took out the radio and removed the cover and then connected it to its cables again, one integrate stays very hot even if radio is off and the car is off and key is removed, can somebody please help, how much should the radio consume while it is off? if something is wrong with the radio can it be fixed? Thanks in advance.
Galu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 12:17   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Ford explorere 2008 battery drain

Haven't a clue how much it should draw , but why dont you leave it disconnected and see if it cures your problem ? Are you sure your battery itself is up to scratch ? no weak cells ? Could get it load tested if any doubt .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 17:55   #3 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

400 mA seems a little high, that's almost a half an amp, but after looking at all that ties into the system, it really doesn't surprise me. However, it's supposed to monitoring the drain to prevent killing the battery. I'd get the battery tested first. I know on some of the later vans they had a problem with the delay module draining and killing batteries.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:45   #4 (permalink)

Thank you guys for reply,
I disconnected the radio and parked the car for one week, there was no problem at all starting the engine. this battery is the third since I bought the car one year ago, can you please tell me how can I test the battery. thanks again.
Galu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:05   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Over here , most fast fit centres / motor factors / accessory stores will load test your battery while you wait FOC .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator