Ford Forums banner

fuel pump cut off switch

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Widowmaker00 
#1 ·
I have a 96 5.0L explorer and I really need to know where the fuel pump saftey cut off switch is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
ok, heres the problem, I drove the car and it was running fine, absoultly no problems. I parked it and came out several hours later and tried to start it, but it wouldnt start up, it turned over just fine though. I thought maybe it ran outta gas because it was real low and the car was parked on an angle, so I put more gas in it, still wouldnt start, I checked the fuel pump cut off switch and it wasnt the problem, I splashed a little gas in the throttle body and it started for a few seconds then cut off. So its getting spark. The only thing I can think of now is the fuel pump relay, or the pump went bad. Any ideas on what the trouble is? please help so I dont have to pay a wrecker to bring my car from my girls house to mine.

#4 ·
ok, I replaced the relay, checked every fuse in the car, and checked the power at the relay, they are all good and still the car wont start. Already towed it back to my house, and I cant figure out what the problem is. Any other suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.