heat takes long time to warm up - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2006, 08:15   #1 (permalink)

heat takes long time to warm up

This is the first winter I have driven my 2002 Explorer which I bought used. It has the electronic climate control, V6, and 42,000 miles. It seems like it takes a disproportionate amount of time for this truck to warm up compared to other cars I have owned and when it does the heat still isn't that hot. I can get confortable but I have the fan and temp all the way up on my 10 mile drive to he train. This is not the case with the Nissan Murano I have had for the last few weeks while the Ford is in the body shop. I live in Illinios so it does get cold here. Last summer I had the radiator flushed and new antifreeze put in. Is this normal operation or could there be something wrong with this truck? If there is something wrong how do I fix it? Any theories would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!
lifesmvp875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 05:49   #2 (permalink)
wwb

Re: heat takes long time to warm up

Check the water temp gauge..... if the engine is up to operating temp, but you're still not getting heat, the problem is probably in the temp control/blend door, but could be a plugged heater core.

If, on the other hand, the engine temp is low, put in a new t'stat.
wwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator