Ford Forums banner

hey mullet!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tglenn 
#1 ·
:priest: You helped me with my 01 Ranger showing a code po401 by suggesting the dpfe sensor. I got that info from a post you made for someone else. Now I have the same code on my 05 Explorer 4.0...............don't see the dpfe, I assume it is built into the EGR valve? Is replacing the valve the likely fix for this vehicle or something else? Thanks. Tracy

#4 ·
tglenn said:
:priest: You helped me with my 01 Ranger showing a code po401 by suggesting the dpfe sensor. I got that info from a post you made for someone else. Now I have the same code on my 05 Explorer 4.0...............don't see the dpfe, I assume it is built into the EGR valve? Is replacing the valve the likely fix for this vehicle or something else? Thanks. Tracy
Hi Tracy,
After a certain year model, which I think was 2004, Explorer engines don't have a DPFE anymore. They have an EGR assembly that Ford calls EGR Module and that has no serviceable parts. The equivalent of the DPFE is part of it and you'll see the 2 vacuum hoses now connected to it. I've replaced a couple of these on V6 that had the MIL on but can't remember the codes that were in them at that time. So far, none on V8s. Here's a pic that shows the module. Cheers
marc
:hy:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.