Hidden Codes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2003, 22:00   #1 (permalink)
gone

Hidden Codes

Just worked out to to disable the seconday selt belt warning alarm, but there has to be more codes that can be input to turn things off and on...any ideas where to find?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2003, 22:03   #2 (permalink)

Re: Hidden Codes

What do you want to turn off or on?
89F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
gone

Anything really

I would like to have the codes available, ie selt belt reminder on start up, door ajar warning system.
Old 10-16-2003, 22:07   #4 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

yea i did read something about that a while back and right now i cant recall what the sequence was.
but if yours is the same it involved turning the key on and off about 4-5 times and turning on and off the lights.
but i will have to see if i can find it again cause it was really complicated.
it was posted on another ford site if i remember.
Old 10-16-2003, 22:08   #5 (permalink)

I dont know if this will work for the explorer

The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle.

The second method, permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that: The parking brake is set. The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual). The ignition is OFF. All doors are closed. The driver's safety belt is un-buckled. The parking and headlights are OFF. Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START. Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes). Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights. Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.
Old 10-16-2003, 22:16   #6 (permalink)

Disabling the key in the ignition chime (alternate method for those of you nto wanting to remove your ignition). . Read your manual Ė for those of you who bought used and donít have a manual:

As far as the Key in the ignition chime, the actual chime is a integral part of the trucks electronics and therefore cannot be removed without messing up other things.

JC's procedure for disabling the Key in the Ignition Chime:

1. Remove panel under dash.
2. Locate the brown six wire connector on the right side of the steering column.
3. Find the black with pink stripe wire.
4. Unplug connector.
5. Remove the red doo-hicky that holds the wires into the connector. (if I remember correctly, that's how they're held in)
6. Remove the black with pink stripe wire.
7. Tape or heat shrink loose wire.
8. Plug connector back in and reinstall panel.

That's it, only takes like 5 minutes and you don't even have to destroy anything. Another nice thing about it is all the other things that use the chime still work. (lights on, door ajar, etc.) I've had it disconnected for four months now with no side effects.

For me, the color of the connector under the dash was Grey but everything else was the same (the sensor wire was black with a pink stripe).

In either case, the sensor no longer sends the signal to the computer and you no longer have that annoying chime whenever you open the door.
Old 10-16-2003, 22:18   #7 (permalink)

Disabling the Autolock Feature. Read your manual Ė for those of you who bought used and donít have a manual:

Autolock (if equipped)

This feature automatically locks all vehicle doors when the following conditions are met:

- all doors are closed, and
-the brake is pressed before reaching 8 km/h (5 mph), and
-the ignition is in the RUN position and the vehicle is traveling more than 8 km/h (5 mph).

Relock

The autolock feature repeats when the following conditions are met:

- any door is opened then closed while the ignition is in the RUN
position, and
- the brake is pressed before reaching 8 km/h (5 mph), and
- the vehicle is travleing more than 8 km/h (5 mph).

Deactivating/activating the autolock feature

Before following the procedure, make sure that the ignition is OFF and all vehicle doors are closed.

You must complete steps 1-7 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, you must wait 30 seconds.

1. Turn the ignition key to ON.
2. Press the power door unlock control three times.
3. Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF.
4. Press the power door unlock control three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to ON. The horn will chirp.
6. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated.
7. Turn the ignition to OFF. The horn will chirp once to confirm the
procedure is complete.

The Keyless entry still works fine with the autolock disabled (all disabling the autolock does is stop the truck from locking the doors for you when you put it in gear - everything else works as it did before).
Old 10-16-2003, 22:34   #8 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

wow i'm impressed 89,
you've done your homework on this one and this is where one of those manuals i told you about before will come in handy because you could print these out and put them in your manual for future reference.
Old 10-16-2003, 22:37   #9 (permalink)

Should be able to learn that off by heart so you dont need a manual. :s6:
Old 10-16-2003, 23:05   #10 (permalink)
gone

Awesome

Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator