Keyless entry code not working after unplugging in 2004 explorer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 16:06   #1 (permalink)

Keyless entry code not working after unplugging in 2004 explorer

While changing the window regulator on the driver side door of my 2004 Ford Explorer, I unplugged the keyless entry keypad so I could move the cable out of the way. I left it unplugged overnight and finished up in the morning. I plugged everything back in and reinstalled the trim pad. Since then the factory key code has not worked. I can still lock the doors by pressing the 7/8 & 9/0 or 3/4 & 7/8 buttons. All of the buttons appear to be working as they cause the keypad to light up when pressed. I have tried reset procedures posted online, but they all involve entering the factory key code first which is not working.

Is it possible that the factory key code was erased when the keypad was unplugged? If so is there any way of restoring it? I can't be the first person to unplug that.
Jzeigler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 18:37   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Keyless entry code not working after unplugging in 2004 explorer

The code is usually printed on the case. It may have been changed from new. If it's the same one. try disconnecting the battery and reconnect it.
Old 02-26-2014, 19:08   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Keyless entry code not working after unplugging in 2004 explorer

The doors should only lock when pushing 7/8-9/10. If locking using other buttons may have a keypad that's giving wrong input to module. Just changed one on a 12 explorer for same reason. Best way to tell is a scan tool that can monitor key pad while pressing the buttons to verify operation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator