Mpg - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 19:59   #1 (permalink)

cool Mpg

I was wondering what your car's MPG are like? Just to see how bad I have it with mine.

I have a 2002 Mountaineer and I average 13.6 Mpg this is with mostly driving around the city. I'm not sure how much Highway miles are like because since i just got it about a month ago, i haven't been able to take it on any descent size trips.

Let me know what type of cars you have and what their City/highway MPG look like.
jherrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2006, 19:59   #2 (permalink)

cool Re: Mpg

Also, for those getting better gas mileage, what are some things that you'd recommend me doing so that I can improve the gas mileage.
Old 10-02-2006, 19:39   #3 (permalink)

Re: Mpg

I have kept a running log on a spreadsheet for 4 years for my 2002 Explorer with V8 engine. Average is 17 MPG, with mixed driving. Snow tires cause a drop of about 2 mpg in winter. Best is 19.5 MPG on a long trip. Driving style is conservative - no hot accelerations - stick pretty close to the speed limit.
NCVinVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 20:05   #4 (permalink)

Wow man, that's some really good gas mileage. Is your vehicle a 6 or 8 cylinder. I've heard it doesn't really matter with suv's due to their size.

I'd love to get as good of gas mileage as you're getting. Is there anything I need to be doing to get that good of a gas mileage?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:02   #5 (permalink)

not to be braggin or anything here but since were talkin about bad gas millage ill share. i have a 4 door 1996 explorer xlt 4.0 v6 4x4 and i get on average between14.6 and 15.2 mpg. this is all city driving. and before anyone says "well ur gas milage is bad because theres somthing wrong with ur motor" well it runs perfect and i have 117,000 miles. u think wut your getting is bad on a v8. id be glad to get 16 mpg.
BAMF402whp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 20:38   #6 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

1994 Tempo 2.3L = 25MPG
1995 Chevy 4X4 5.0L = 16MPG
1993 Chevy G20 conversion 4.3L = 19MPG
1971 Dodge Demon 3.7L = 15MPG
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator