P1401 Question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 15:58   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation P1401 Question

Code popped in my 2002 Explorer Sport Trac. I have owned this truck for 5 years and put 90,000 miles on it. Current miles are just a hair under 130,000.

I have the code, and know what it means...

P1401 Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor circuit High Voltage.

Question is, what should I replace (i.e; DPFE, EGR, etc.) ? And it is an easy job to do in my driveway? I am not that familiar with Ford engines or the 4.0L V6.

CTx-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 16:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: P1401 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTx-V View Post
Code popped in my 2002 Explorer Sport Trac. I have owned this truck for 5 years and put 90,000 miles on it. Current miles are just a hair under 130,000.

I have the code, and know what it means...

P1401 Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor circuit High Voltage.

Question is, what should I replace (i.e; DPFE, EGR, etc.) ? And it is an easy job to do in my driveway? I am not that familiar with Ford engines or the 4.0L V6.
Hello and good day:

I use to get the dreaded P1401 on my 2000 Taurus SE a few times, and it drove me Crazy!!

And This was the finial solution: Replace the DPfe, Take the EGR off, and the EGR tube to the back Manifold, Clean out the Tube, with Throttle Body Cleaner, Spray a little into bottom of the EGR...let dry. Clean the PCV, and the tube leading to the Throttle body. Clean the Throttle body, and MAS.
Make sure the Vac hoses are OK, and the Gaskets.
Old 01-30-2011, 19:39   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the info

CTx-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:22   #4 (permalink)

It definitely is a job you can do in your driveway. I expect about 3 to 4 hours doing it as fast as you are comfortable with and thoroughly cleaning. Make sure you dont use anything but Throttle Body cleaner recommended by Ford for this, because it is Teflon coated, and for a very good reason. Also, dont use RTV on anything you are taking off. It is not designed to have it. If your hands are black from touching a Vacuum hose, just replace it, its only $1/foot at oreilly's. If you can, check the wired to the DPFE, and check your EGR valve while you are at it. Might as well since you are taking them off anyway. I know they are not the problem, but judge for yourself if they will be. Clean the sensors on the throttle body too, with MAF cleaner or brake cleaner. Clean the MAF and Air Temp. Sensor with MAF cleaner since you are taking those off too. This should eliminate the problem, and for a long time. Believe me, many of us on here know this procedure well, as Ford has made us perfect it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator