Problems With '08 Explorer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:06   #1 (permalink)

Problems With '08 Explorer

Recently my '08 Explorer XLT 4x4 (with only 17k miles) has been acting up. Last week it started making these awful noises that sound similar to a slipping transmission. The following day it did it again and the vehicle started making a bucking motion, then suddenly the vehicle went into 4x4 low mode and was making even more awful sounds (without anyone pressing any of the 4x4 buttons!). It didn't do it for a few more days but then all of a sudden today while driving it the brakes finally went.

I am having it towed to my local dealership to get looked at, but was wondering if anyone has heard of any similar problems with other '08 explorers?
massguy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 09:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Problems With '08 Explorer

My advise, get rid of the Explode.
Let me tell you the story about my Explorer.
When I got the vehicle, my friends and relatives looked at it and disliked the vehicle very much, some even threw a very offensive commend about this vehicle to me.
This Explorer has been having a lot of problems, especially the problem with the transmission and the parts around the engine. Problem with the parts, I believe Ford has invested those parts from some manufactures those don't have much quality on the workmanship. Those parts are very poor on the construction and the quality.
I've been working in vehicle inspection and radio computers for the county for almost 4 years now. We recently remove accessories in order we can install and repair the radios and computers. Mostly, we found new Fords still have similar problems as the older design. There are a lot Ford needs to be improved.
It's up to you to keep that Explorer or not, but my past Explorer had many problems those I could not stand to pay for its repair any longer. There are some problems you may think it is ridiculous because it shouldn't happen in those little parts as the pin door switches and the window regulators.

Best regard,
Tony
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 16:06   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony209 View Post
My advise, get rid of the Explode.
Let me tell you the story about my Explorer.
When I got the vehicle, my friends and relatives looked at it and disliked the vehicle very much, some even threw a very offensive commend about this vehicle to me.
This Explorer has been having a lot of problems, especially the problem with the transmission and the parts around the engine. Problem with the parts, I believe Ford has invested those parts from some manufactures those don't have much quality on the workmanship. Those parts are very poor on the construction and the quality.
I've been working in vehicle inspection and radio computers for the county for almost 4 years now. We recently remove accessories in order we can install and repair the radios and computers. Mostly, we found new Fords still have similar problems as the older design. There are a lot Ford needs to be improved.
It's up to you to keep that Explorer or not, but my past Explorer had many problems those I could not stand to pay for its repair any longer. There are some problems you may think it is ridiculous because it shouldn't happen in those little parts as the pin door switches and the window regulators.

Best regard,
Tony
That is exactly what I am hoping happens, Tony. The vehicle is a actually a police crusier for the department I work for. I am hoping this will be a wake up call to them that they should get rid of it ASAP and get a Dodge Charger or other similar vehicle.
massguy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:05   #4 (permalink)

massguy09,

I currently drive a new Honda Accord 09. I got rid of my Explorer 03. There was too much problem with it that I could not afford to spend my time for it any longer. Therefore, the parts I paid and repaired it myself costed me 2,500, and I had twice the vehicle was in the shop that costed me another 650 bucks. I think that is too much for the repair in this car. I also think this car is a lemon, especially the model XLS.
My advise, don't buy any use car from the police or county department. They often have high mileage and you know how they drive. Just stay away from the Explorers, CrownVic and the Escape. Escape is the new replacement for the county because the gas mileage.

Tony
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator