squeaking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2004, 15:45   #1 (permalink)

squeaking

i have a squeaking noise in the front of my 95 ford explorer and have come to conclude that it could be that of either a bad coil spring, my ball joints or sway bar stabilizer. but how do i know if either of these are right what is causing that noise?
gethooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2004, 17:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: squeaking

i have the same problem with my 95 explorer, i think it might be the ball joints. a ford mechanic told me so but i was leaving and he couldn't give me the estimate. anyone know about how much it would cost? i really need to get it fixed.
kristin_alise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 17:54   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

i have the same thing on my XF but it passed a RWC last week with the squeking so i dont know what it could be. if anything was buggered it would have come up on the report.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:14   #4 (permalink)

I have done some looking into this myself and I hear that it is most likely the ball joint... But I did some more digging and come to find out, they say that you can't replace the ball joint on a 95 Explorer... Take a look at the bottom of this page

http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...3d800bcb9a.jsp

The problem I have with this, is they also show to sell a ball joint for a '95 Explorer so there is some more digging to do... I need to go to the parts house and see what they are selling for $40...

I had Meineke quote me a price to change my ball joints... $400 for the lowers, $700 if I wanted the uppers too... But Like I said, I have to do some more digging...

Here is another link that explains the suspension on the Explorers...

http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...3d800bcb47.jsp

Hope this helps

I will post more when I know more...

Bill Cotton
Fastnovice@yahoo.com
Fastnovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 22:20   #5 (permalink)
Unregistered

I have a 99 explorer and there is no rubber boot left at all on the lower ball joints. I wanted to replace the lower ball joint but I also read that article saying you cant replace them.....well how can they sell them for it then....any help....please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator