Ford Forums banner

Standard Features are NOT so Standard

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
We recently bought a 2016 Ford Explorer from a dealer (my dad) out of an auction. The auction had some stuff listed wrong on the car which we discovered when we received the car. In addition there were some things that were missing from our 2016 Ford Explorer Limited that seemed to be standard features.

I called ford directly and spoke to a customer relations person. After about 30 minutes of discussion and research by the ford employee it was determined that even though a feature is listed as standard does not mean that a dealer cannot exclude "standard" features.

Now this is probably not "standard" practice but what it means is that you cannot trust the trim level to determine what features a vehicle might have even if they come "standard". So a dealer could order a Platinum trim level and exclude all the standard upgraded features but it would still have a Platinum label.

I am just making other aware of this as I was surprised that this was allowed. Has anyone else seen this happen.

Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.