2001 Ford Windstar trouble codes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 10:57   #1 (permalink)

confused 2001 Ford Windstar trouble codes

I have three codes coming in they are p1401, p0303 and p0171. can anyone tell what the problem is? I know 303 is cyl. 3 miss fire. 171 is bank 1 too lean Probably caused by #3 cyl missfire. but what is 1401?
rdneck40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 15:17   #2 (permalink)
00gtr1

Re: 2001 Ford Windstar trouble codes

P1401 is a shorted DPFE senser very common problem, how many miles on your windstar
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 15:58   #3 (permalink)

It only has 96000 miles on it. the DFPE is a part that is hard to get. I will try the EGR first. thanks for the input.
rdneck40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 16:10   #4 (permalink)
00gtr1

If you put an EGR valve on it will be a waste of money. as a ford tech take my word for it the DPFE senser has been a problem senser for years. Time and time again somebody comes into the shop and tells us to put on this EGR valve the PEP Boys sold them and its not the problem. THe DPFE senser is cheaper and easier to replace. When you open your hood look right above the valve cover. The DPFE senser is a small black 3 wire senser with two small vacuum hoses coming off it as far as the mis fire try plugs and wires first hope this helps
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech