2001 windstar - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 17:53   #1 (permalink)

frown 2001 windstar

My 2001 windstar engine code is showing banks 1 + 2 are running lean. I have changed the fuel filter and spark plugs. The check engine light comes on about 2 days after I reset it. Is ther another sensor or is the main computer having issues? Help
kurtdimpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 09:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2001 windstar

If the codes are PO171 and PO174 there is a TSB on this and you have to replace some bolts in the plenum and possibly the left [front] valve cover. There are a lot of postings on this extremely common Windstar problem. I found the TSB info on Alldatadiy. I did it and the lean conditions came back. Then I discovered a cracked flex hose on the exhaust side allowing oxygen to enter the exhaust, fooling the O2 sensor into thinking "lean". Fixed the flex hose and error code never came back....
gw.belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech