3.0L Intake (Prototype for Production) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2001, 14:41   #1 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

OK guys, here's the deal. I think that all of us with the 3.0L need to get together and get an intake put together, or design one and have good pics of either our engine bays to send, or cad renderings of a good short ram intake, and possibly a cold air intake. We need drawings, pictures, whatever you can muster up. I will try to take some detailed shot of my engine bay for my contribution. Once we have all the information we need, like dimensions, material for use, etc. We would have to submit this information to a company that makes intakes, like Weapon-R, AEM, Injen, K&N, etc until one of them decides to make one for us. The 3.0L needs the support, and we deserve a freaking intake system on the market, in the NOPI ads, you get the drift?

I know this is a long post, I'm just frustrated that we cannot just buy a good intake system for the 3.0! This must change, newbies must have the option to just purchase an intake instead of trying to go custom. And some of us with a little more experience would enjoy it because it doesnt take any time to do, and we all know how short on time we are these days.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Anyone want to go in on this with me and help me out? Like I said, I'm going to get some pics taken, and then post them, we can then draw on them, edit them, or whatever.

Marc

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2001, 03:46   #2 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Ok, well I don't know if anyone cares, or anything, but here is the plan so far:

6 inches length then,
30-35 degree angle then,
8 inches length to cone filter

2 1/2" mandrel bent/welded exhaust pipe, with flexible rubber adapters to 3" filter,
and 3" intake system painted with chrome colored heat/rust resistant paint for protection, performance-

Pipes will be welded by a local welder in Ogden, UT.
Welded pipes will then be coated with special heat/rust resistant chrome colored paint by a company name HRC-
Attach your 3" Filter of choice, cone is recommended.

Pics will soon follow once a prototype is built. I already have pictures of the stock Vulcan intake and have drawn on it with dimensions, etc.

I'll keep you guys posted-

Marc

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 04-29-2001, 19:14   #3 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

OK, the update has taken a while, but the intake is done. To see pics of it (intsalled on a junk yard car) follow the link! There will be a bulk buy for this item soon, so I need to know if anyone is interested in it.

http://www.probetalk.com/forums/view...123&forum=7&11

That will take you straight to the thread on Probetalk where the pics are located.

Peace out!

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 05-07-2001, 02:46   #4 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

If anyone is interested in these, please let me know so that we can get a bulk buy started on them. We need about ten people, and it should drop the price fairly well. We are trying to gather people from this site and Probetalk and anywhere else 3.0 owners may be.

Peace!

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech