95 Probe timing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-03, 11:01 AM
95 Probe timing

Hey everyone, first off I would like to say hi!

I have installed a complete stereo system into my girlfriends 95 probe about 1 year ago, and recently she has been having major problems with her car. When she took it in to get checked the mechanic said the reason for her problems was that her timimg was way off and that by me disconecting the battery when I installed the system that screwed everything up. I was just wondering if anyone here has incountered this before? Or is this mechanic full of s###?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-03, 12:09 PM
Re: 95 Probe timing

I've disconnected my battery plenty of times and it has not messed up my timing.

My first car was a 67 Mustang Coupe, 2nd one was a 67 Cougar XR-7, 3rd one was a 66 Mustang Coupe. Why did I get rid of these cars for ? I know why, because I'm stupid, stupid, stupid.

My next Ford.....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-03, 03:48 PM
Re: 95 Probe timing

Id find a new mechanic if I were you. Disconnecting a battery really shouldnt affect your timing.

Is it English? Does it moo?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-03, 09:09 AM

I have had a '91 probe for almost 10 years and have done a lot of work on it, including working timing. There should be NO reason for the timing getting messed up by disconecting the battery!!
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts