Anyone interested in a 90 LX 3.0 V6? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2002, 10:30   #1 (permalink)
Women Like my Probe :)

Anyone interested in a 90 LX 3.0 V6?

Just seeing if anyone is interested in this thing, and what you'd be willing to give me for it! I've owned it for 3 years and have had no problems with the Tranny or Engine. I've had the Tranny flushdnfilled and replaced the filter 3 times. It has 137,000 miles on it and only 60,000 3 years ago when I bought it. I've changed the oil every 3k-5k miles using Mobil1 and high performance oil filter. I have replaced (within the last year) Both Tierods, Halfshafts, control arms, wheel bearings, rotors. Today it is in the shop for a front end inspection/alignment/and I'm having 2 snow tires put on the front(reused from last year) I don't have a completee set of rims for the car because one wheel/tire was damaged last year due to potholes. I never replaced it because I drove my 2nd gen all summer, and I had an extra rim to use. Right now it has 2 16" TSW Revo's on the front with Bridgstone Blizzaks, One factory rim from a '94 PGT on the Driver side rear, and one factory rim from IT (90 PLX) on the passenger rear.
I can give you all 4 factory rims (however as previously mentioned, one is bent) I called around and found a junk yard down river that has one for $25. The driver side front fender is also damaged (I searched on-line and found a junk yard that has one for $60) The driver side mirror is busted. and for christmas someone decided to take a Baseball bat to the factory sunroof so right now it is Duct Tapped in place. The stereo will be removed as the headunit alone is probably worth more then the car and the rest of the system is most definately. I will leave the 2 6-1/2" Pioneers in the doors and the 2 4x6 (or what ever size) Pioneers in the rear. I also have the mounting brackets to mount 6-1/2s in the rear if desired. The factory wiring from the unit to the speakers (including the factory amp) have been removed and are not available. There is no Trunk Liner (or there won't be as soon as the subs and amps are removed)
The car is an automatic with all power options as well as Leather seats. (the front leather is junk so It has been covered with Black/Silver Velvet seat covers. The headliner was also recovered in Black Velvet. The dash pieces were painted Burgandy to match the car. It also has an ignition problem, there is something screwed up in the wiring between the ignition and the starter. I took it in about a year ago and they supposedly fixed the problem saying it was a bad wire connector. To avoid the problem, I make a connection between the starter and the battery with the key turned on and it starts right up. I will be installing a momentary button inside to avoid crawling under the car to do that.
I think I've about covered everything.
My best opinion on this car would be to use it as a parts car. Everytime I fix something, something else will go wrong, and I can no longer carry the financial burden of keeping it on the road.
So Let me know if you would like to take this beaut off my hands for a parts car, beater or whatever, just make me an offer.
probe em is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech