Check engine codes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 16:05   #1 (permalink)

Check engine codes

If this isnt posted in the correct area, let me apologize first and foremost about that. I have a 2001 Ford Mustang, just the V6 coupe model. I had a check engine light come on and took it to Autozone where they showed the following 4 codes:
P0442
P0402
P1400
P0456.

I've looked up each of the codes and apparently three are related to a leak in the gas systems IE gas cap and one is related to the EGR valve. I have noticed recently after driving to work in the mornings that when I get out of the car I can smell some gas fumes. I assume this is related to the gas cap issue. I cant smell any gas under the hood, but can smell some near the gas cap. I put on a new gas cap a while ago and cleared the codes out. What I am wondering is, are these 4 codes related or for a better question, could one cause the others to show fault. Or is the EGR totally separate from anything the leaky gas cap could cause?

Thanks in Advance
AlanP
Alanp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 12:58   #2 (permalink)
00gtr1

Re: Check engine codes

P0402 is a faltuy DPFE senser that ford has had a problem with for years. Also if the gas cap doesn't fix the evap codes the canister vent solenoid could be stuck causing a leak
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech