E5 Motor Rebuild - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2004, 01:38   #1 (permalink)
XA Falcon Fiend!

E5 Motor Rebuild

I'm looking to build a new motor for my motorkhana car, but on a budget (the car was given to me, so I don't want to pour funny money into it - the idea is cheap fun!). I'd like the biggest displacement and compression I can get from a E5 engine, what have you all used? I'd like to keep to standard(ish) parts, but will look at modifying pistons to suit bigger bores, but only if it can be done "on the cheap". I'm not about to start spending big on aftermarket goodies - the car would be lucky to do 100Km a year and if I have to rebuild the motor after a couple of years, thats fine too. At my disposal, I have 2 KA Laser E5's, one KA Laser E3, and one Familia E5 turbo. the turbo unit isn't an option unfortunately as most of the important turbo parts are missing! Let me know what you've tried, what was succesful, what failed miserably, and what you'd like to try too?
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2004, 02:10   #2 (permalink)
XA Falcon Fiend!

Re: E5 Motor Rebuild

anyone?
Old 05-26-2004, 18:24   #3 (permalink)
XA Falcon Fiend!

Re: E5 Motor Rebuild

So no one has played with these motors??? I'll also add I only want to run it on 98 octane fuel (BP Ultimate)?!

Clint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech