Idleing/Stalling Problems what to do? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2001, 09:57   #1 (permalink)
Women Like my Probe :)

Idleing/Stalling Problems what to do?

My car has been acting rough for a while now, I used to just have a problem after starting it up, but after the car warmed up it wouldn't stall, but not it will stall at any given time.
I've replaced the plugs/wires/cap/rotor and run cleaner through it. What could the problem be? I'm not to smart when it comes to this stuff but I'm trying to learn and my guess is one of the following; O2 Sensors (I have never changed these in the 70,000 miles I have put on it(how many & where are they located)), fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator maybe you guys could help me out and narrow it down, and possibly recommend a cheap place to buy the parts from to fix it.

Help PLEASE!!
probe em is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2001, 09:58   #2 (permalink)

oh yeah, it's my 1st gen LX, 3.0L V6
Old 12-26-2001, 09:59   #3 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

What's the engine do when you are idling? Does it rev up and down and sometimes stall out? I would also check your timing and make sure that it is set properly.

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 13:12   #4 (permalink)

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.... it's weird!
Old 12-26-2001, 13:12   #5 (permalink)
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member

what do you mean by run cleaner through it?? Are we talking fuel injector cleaner, taking the accordian off and spraying the intake, engine flush, etc...
Old 12-26-2001, 14:42   #6 (permalink)

yes, I just ran STP Fuel Injector Cleaner through it.
Old 12-26-2001, 16:15   #7 (permalink)
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member

fuel injector cleaner is useless unless you have recently changed your fuel filter. If you think about it... the fuel runs to your filter and attacks all the gunk there, and never makes itinto the injectors.

How many miles do you have and how does the car drive once you go above idle??

I would look for a vacuum leak and clean out the throttle body/intake manifold with intake cleaner.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:56   #8 (permalink)

Well, throughout the last week I managed to cure my stalling problems, all I did was remove the IAB solenoid and replace, I lost a screw that bolted it down to the IM. It was dropped somewhere in the engine bay and I couldn't find it at all. Maybe that screw was it's problem I don't know this car is a big POS and I can't wait until the day I can get rid of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech