Juice Juice Baby! Zex on a 3.0L - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2001, 18:19   #1 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Juice Juice Baby! Zex on a 3.0L

Hey all, just wanted to let you all know that I, and just a couple of other 3.0L owners on Probetalk are getting on the Zex Bulk Buy, we are getting them for only 395 everything included! I also went for the Zex Hyperformance Spark Plugs, since they are similar to the NGKs in that they are designed for forced induction use. I am also going to order a bottle warmer, since I live in Alaska, and the temps rarely go over 75 at most in the Summer.

I have looked around for a high performance clutch for the 3.0, and I am having a hard time doing so. If anyone can give me any good links, I'd be greatful. I am not sure how the stock clutch will hold up, since it's about 3 years old now.

Supposedly the Zex kit mentions that you don't need to upgrade your fuel system for the smaller jets, but I need your honest opinion, should I get a Venom fuel pump since they make one for the 3.0? Venom Injectors? If I do go for upgraded fuel, should I get something like the Jacobs computer for nitrous? I am trying to do much research on the project before I just throw it all together and blow it up running too lean or something.

One more question, I'm supposed to mount the nozzle like 6-18 inches from the throttle body, but the problem is this: that would be in the accordian intake somewhere. Will the nozzle go into that? Or should I get an 3 inch exhaust pipe, bent to fit the intake and cone filter, and tap into that? Everything else seems to be fairly straight forward, if anyone has any NOS tricks or tips let me know. Thanks for reading me out. I figured I would get more honest answers here than another place that I know of that hears about these same questions everyday.

Thanks,
Marc

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2001, 00:11   #2 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

Wow. I'd get the venom pump, but doing the injectors wouln't have any real effect...I'd just leave them be.

Sounds like you have a hell of a project ahead of you...good luck man.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 04:48   #3 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Yeah I went for the Venom pump, boy is that thing expensive, can we say WALBRO next time!? LOL! I also purchased a Zex bottle heater, that I've already got in the mail. I also purchased an Autometer Air/Fuel guage, that's not here yet either is the pump and the NOS kit which may take a while once the guys get the BB all worked out!

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 11-26-2001, 09:28   #4 (permalink)
Just some guy...

How much was the Venom pump and why did you chose the ZEX versus the Venom VCN2000?
Old 11-26-2001, 09:52   #5 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

The Venom pump was 217 bucks from NOPI online. I've seen fuel pumps go up to 300 bucks, so that's not bad. It's not cheap either though, like a Walbro which I think is around $100. Not sure the quality difference.

I chose the ZEX because there was a BB for it on Probetalk and we were getting them at very good cost. Also, I believe the Venom kit is harder to install, but that was not what made my decision.

Now I have the air/fuel guage, fuel pump, and bottle blanket here at my side. Now I'm just waiting on the damned kit, and with PT being down I don't know how long it will be until I hear what's going on with it..

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 11-26-2001, 09:57   #6 (permalink)
Just some guy...

I've never been able to find the right Walboro in stock at a good price so I've resolved to get the venom and work on getting the VCN2000 because of it's monitoring and safety shutoff features. I think it may be harder to install but nothing the next mod day couldn't handle. :s5

Good luck!
Old 11-26-2001, 09:58   #7 (permalink)
I want a Turbo. GIMMIE!!

N20 = FUN! Good luck with the install. I hope all goes well. You WILL be going to the track afterwards right? :s5
Old 11-26-2001, 10:00   #8 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

What kind of Probe do you plan on nitrousing? I wish we had mod days up here, but people could give a crap about Probes here. No one likes them, until I give them a ride and pop the hood! You cannot go wrong with the Venom kit, good luck on the install and keep FF updated!

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 11-26-2001, 10:03   #9 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Hell yeah I'll be going to the track after it's installed! That's why I'm installing it, to lower my 1/4 time! LOL.... but anyways.. yeah I won't be able to install it in these sub-zero temperatures unless someone with a garage allows me to work in it......... so that means I'll probably have to install it in my driveway spring time or soon after, just in time for drag racing season up here! That's fine though, it'll give me time througout the winter to get the car ready for the modifications..

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 11-26-2001, 10:05   #10 (permalink)
Just some guy...

It'll be on my 93 PGT. I just decided this weekend that this is the route I'm taking. I've had my car since 93 and it's kind of disturbing to see that cars are getting faster and more HP from the dealer, so I'm determined to keep destroying (racing) as many cars as I can.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech