Little help before I spend the cash - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2005, 19:44   #1 (permalink)

Little help before I spend the cash

Hey

I just bought this 87' Ranger 4x4 ext cab 2.9 liter and I am having a few problems. It's a sweet truck inside and out except for the 314,000km it has on it. It runs really good but it uses oil like crazy (Not Leaking) and the lifters are a little noisy, so I would like to know if there is anything I can do about that (Hydraulic lifters/valves). Also when she is warm it tends to idle at about 7-900rpms and the "red oil can" indicator light comes on and it has stalled on me a couple of times. If anyone has an answer on how to get the most out of this truck without a major overhaul, I'd really appreciate it.
HashSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech