Ford Forums banner

Rumor time!

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Dave Severson 
#1 ·
Heard a rumor that Ford is soon coming out with a stand alone wiring harness kit for the new turbo V-6 that's in the pickups---- Anyone have any other information on a release coming up? With a 5 speed behind it sure would make for one sweet engine for a track roadster project or ??????:MmM:

#6 ·
I had never even thought of going V-6 in anything until I got involved helping a buddy do a '48 Chevy pickup with a a supercharged 3.8 Buick V-6 and overdrive automatic trans.....then rode with another friend in his new F-150 with the V-6 turbo engine!!! I've been contemplating a track roadster for a number of years, and wanted a smaller engine to keep the size down on the car, then new Ford might just be what I'm looking for! Good power and a light car, could be a lot of fun!!!

#8 ·
I raced Super Stock for a number of years, ran 289 ci in a '66 Fastback..... SOP was to drop the clutch at 6500, shift at 7800...... after 5 years of "strip only" time with the car I decided I could no longer afford to drag race at that level and switched to bracket racing. I put the old Fastback on the street, there was any number of folks who discovered there was indeed a substitute for cubic inches!!!

The new V-6's that Ford has out, especially the one with the turbo could really be a blast performance wise, then in a 2200-2400 lb. roadster, who knows what it would do in fuel mileage??? Got to get with some of the folks doing all this turbo stuff and start doing some studying on it, all new to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.