Want to beef up my '94 v6 any ideas? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2003, 20:59   #1 (permalink)
FL'Stangs

Want to beef up my '94 v6 any ideas?

I was planning on dropping a 390 into my '94 v6 but have gotten many negative replies saying that it would not fit. So change of plans same direction...i want to beef up my v6 just like in 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine on page 128 of April 2003 issue. minus the stupid import body kit! any ideas on how to get POWER!!! Thanks a lot, JACK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2003, 14:49   #2 (permalink)

Lightbulb Re: Want to beef up my '94 v6 any ideas?

I drive a 95 V6 Mustang which is identical to yours. and I'm lookiong to do the same thing. I was going to drop in a 5.0 but they told me it would be way too costly because I'd have to change the entire front end to support the new engine and weight. Not only that a lot more has to be changed. Fortunately I have an 8 cylinder transmission in my car (long story) but still it's a big deal. I was thinking of a 351 Cleveland too but I got the same negative replies. For now I go t aflowmaster muffler but I'm going to buy the flowmaster system for 94 - 97 V6 mustang that converts the car to dual exhuast. (www.flowmastermufflers.com) I've been told by mechanics it'll sound better than a stock 5.0. Aside form that it adds horse power. I'm also going to add intakes and eventually plan on adding a Saleen supercahrger. If you can think of any other or find out of any affordable solutions to our goal please let me know! Good luck
miker232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 17:31   #3 (permalink)

Re: Want to beef up my '94 v6 any ideas?

That or drop a 5.0 in which will link to your transmission and mount you'll need new springs tho to support it but it'll fit. I'd put Mac headers on the engine too while its out of the car
miker232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 21:20   #4 (permalink)

Re: Want to beef up my '94 v6 any ideas?

a 460 would fit... 94 is still fox chassis
mustangboi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > V6 and Hot4 Tech