Boost - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Diesel Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2004, 04:04   #1 (permalink)
1972 XA GS Fairmont

Boost

With a turbo diesel engine is it possible to put up the boost for more power? If so do you get a good power gain?
XA Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2004, 18:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: Boost

What engine are we talking about? No, if your engine does have a wastegate (some don't) you don't normally get any responce by holding it closed longer as the engine is still governd by the pump, Generally you get best results from Exhaust and intake mods on a Diesel.
Stark White EBII XR8, all factory options, 16' alloys, Cruise, Power windows, Premium Sound, MOMO Wheel, New engine in the Build, 4 bolt conversion, Scat Crank & H beam rods, Keith black Pistons, AFR's

Phil EBIIXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 18:23   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil EBIIXR
What engine are we talking about? No, if your engine does have a wastegate (some don't) you don't normally get any responce by holding it closed longer as the engine is still governd by the pump, Generally you get best results from Exhaust and intake mods on a Diesel.
Um not quiet. You CAN turn the boost up on a turbo diesel. You can even bump the boost up slightly with out adjusting the fuel rate. However to get the most benefit, and durability, you must adjust the fuel rate to compensate for the greater boost. If you're playing with turbo diesels then you really need to be very careful as to much boost or fuel will cause expensive problems. Diesel tuning is fairly popular in Europe and America these days, and growing here.
FTEfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:21   #4 (permalink)

Can anyone recommend websites for info about tuning (toyota in particular) diesel engines?

-Stu :)
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:28   #5 (permalink)
Swanny

eek Re: Boost

Probably not, Dogbreath. Doesn't seem to be a good diesel forum here... You can all correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope you do!
ELwilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:18   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELwilldo
Probably not, Dogbreath. Doesn't seem to be a good diesel forum here... You can all correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope you do!
lol, yeah your right about that, i learnt the boring way.
I hang around ff in other areas plenty anyway, thought i might as well have a try.

-Stu :)
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Diesel Tech

Related Reading: Boost