Ford Fiesta - misfiring, it now happens all the time
yes it's me again.
ive now got this problem all the time now, these are the symptoms:
1. i can somethimes smell diesel inside the car with the engine running. ive checked the exhaust for leaks - none found.
2. ive been told that it misfiring possiably because one of my injecters has worn out or is beyond its useful life. how do i tell if its worn out & in need of replacing??
3. it now smokes on acceleration, quite a bit when its cold, but it gets less as the engine warms up, could this be related to item number 2?
4. ive had the diesel leaked fixed, it was leaking from the throtle shaft seal.
5. its now running on so called "cleaner diesel", but it was misfiring before the change, so ive ruled that out
6. ive tried changing petrol stations, no difference to misfiring or the smoke.
7. ive replaced the fuel filter & checked for water getting into the fuel. both have got no problems.
any ideas before i start shelling out money on parts that i might not need?