Ford Forums banner

white smoke - ford fiesta

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  shaunthesheep 
#1 ·
hi,

im new to this forum.

ive notice a few times then when i start up my diesel ford fiesta, that it disappers in a cloud of white smoke.
ive checked the head gasket, via a compression test, thats ok as far as i can tell.
im not losing any water, ive got no water in the oil & vice versa.
it doesn't smoke at other times, ive changed the glow plugs & air filter & had an oil & filter change.

has anyone got any ideas on what it could be, ive heard people say that it could be air in the fuel, if it is air in the fuel how did it get in? can anyone confirm this?

shaunthesheep
--

#4 ·
Is it steam ?? It could be a blown head gasget???Or condensation build up from changes in temp..Is it cold there? like under 10*c it could be normal opperation...Keep good coolant in radiator and check oil often..If the oil turns into a milky colour it generaly means blown head gasget...How old is it? From my understanding Ford diesle heads are not that servicable....

#5 ·
shaunthesheep said:
ok, so anyone got any ideas oon how the brake fluid might get into the fuel system??

Could it be a leak onto a extractor pipe and burning off or onto the engine itself?

#10 · (Edited)
right, ive now changed the fuel filter, heres a picture of what the old fuel looked like after i drained the filter. looks like their was some water in the fuel (i think). also looks like their was some silt in the fuel, have started it, sounds better, but it still smokes, i am still gonna look at the glow plugs. i will keep you all informed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.