09 Mercury Mariner Tire Pressure Sensor Fault - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 07:15   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation 09 Mercury Mariner Tire Pressure Sensor Fault

Hi. I purchased a 09 Mariner back in October and had a remote start added to the vehicle (by the dealership). A few months later, the tire pressure monitor fault caution light started coming on sparatically. We checked the tire pressure and everything was fine. Now, the light comes on every day but by the time I take it to the dealership, they can't find anything wrong. Now, my keyless remote won't lock/unlook the doors as they are suppose to. And my gas pedal shimmies when I hit 45 mph. HELP! Did I get a lemon! The dealership can't seem to fix the problem and are telling me that all my problems are because of the remote start and I may have to live with it.

This is a brand-new car. I refuse to live with it!

knivn
knivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 14:21   #2 (permalink)

Re: 09 Mercury Mariner Tire Pressure Sensor Fault

what is the brand of the remote start? does it do some kind of rolling code/rolling frequency? I am wondering if it is causing RF interference. The TPMS and your keyless entry are probably operating on similar frequencies and if the remote-start has variable codes or frequencies it might have rolled into a region that is messing up the others, this could explain why it worked for a while.

The dealer might need to force-re-train your TPMS and/or the convenience computer.

Find out the brand and I will try to google for info.

The gas-pedal vibration is normal, it should only happen once though (first time you hit 45).

If it was dealer-installed you should not have to monkey with ANYTHING.
zoom_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 15:35   #3 (permalink)

Thank you! It was dealer-installed so it's whatever they recommend. They have the vehicle now and said they should have it fixed now. We'll see when I pick it up tomorrow. I'll post which part they replaced.

Thanks again!
knivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:26   #4 (permalink)

like zoom mentioned...might be a problem of frequency..your tpms sensor should be 315MHz...you could check what's the frequency of remote keyless
Peter Zelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum