Thank you in advance to anyone that can help point me in the right direction.
Here's the issue. 2001 V6 Escape broke down on the road. The water pump belt broke and the upper radiator hose inlet pipe snapped off.
Here's what I've done:
- Took out Radiator, took it to a shop and had it fixed.
- Changed out water pump, as I suspected that was the culprit. Once I got it off I found it was definitely broken.
- Replaced the thermostat.
- Changed the water pump belt tensor since the pulley on it was plastic and it was pretty chewed up.
- Replaced the water pump belt.
- Refilled coolant through the expansion tank.
I crossed my fingers and turned it on, but the coolant does not seem to be circulating through the system at all. I turned on the heater inside and no hot air comes out. I felt all the radiator hoses and they don't seem to be getting warm and I don't feel any fluid moving in them.
The fluid in the expansion tank just sits there. If I jiggle the hose I can get a little bit to drop down but that's it. I rechecked all my work. I even took the thermostat out again just to make sure I didn't put it in wrong.
One more clue, the temp gauge on the dash does not move at all. However, it never moved since I've owned the escape (I know, shame on me for not getting it checked out sooner).
Also, should I be filling the new coolant directly into the radiator somehow (no cap)?