2002 Escape Trans fluid overflowing out of fill tube. WTF?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 19:55   #1 (permalink)

2002 Escape Trans fluid overflowing out of fill tube. WTF??

Took intake manifold off to change plugs and a fuel injector (1 cylinder was missing). After putting it back on, I had 1 small vac hose that I couldn't find where it went! I started it anyway and transmission fluid started overflowing at the dipstick. The Haynes manual said it might be the vent or the drain back holes blocked. What vent and how do I check these drain block holes? I don't even know where this crap is. I'm assuming that the mystery vacuum line is playing a big part in this problem, but I couldn't find where it plugged in. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance, guys!
pukasface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 07:32   #2 (permalink)

confused Re: 2002 Escape Trans fluid overflowing out of fill tube. WTF??

It's the V6 (automatic trans, of course), if that helps. I would really appreciate any insights if you guys have heard of this before or if you know where the mysterious vent is located. I don't even know what I'm really looking for, here!
pukasface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:12   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2002 Escape Trans fluid overflowing out of fill tube. WTF??

Many years ago , I had a Ford v6 in workshop with an engine with a weak cyl on rear bank . Turned out to be caused by a vacuum pipe left off engine , at that cyl ,causing it to run far too lean .The hose went to a vacuum capsule on auto g/box . Cant remember where it went , but think it was a connection / junction pipe on inlet manifold . Because it was drawing so much air , it gave the symptoms of engine dropping a cyl .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum