2002 ford escape stalling - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 18:41   #1 (permalink)

2002 ford escape stalling

My 2002 escape will stumble a couple of time when accelerating hard and if I try and power through the stumble it will stall. The theft light will come on at the first stumble. This problem has only happen a couple of times so it is hard to diagnose. The last time this happen the injector fuse blow (30amp) and it would not start. I have read about the recall on reprogramming the PCM but ford says my FORD ESCAPE 3.0L V6 is not on the recall list. I am somewhat knowledgeable with cars and not afraid to tackle this problem, I just wonder if there is any body else with these symptoms.
mjhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2005, 07:25   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2002 ford escape stalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhendrix
My 2002 escape will stumble a couple of time when accelerating hard and if I try and power through the stumble it will stall. The theft light will come on at the first stumble. This problem has only happen a couple of times so it is hard to diagnose. The last time this happen the injector fuse blow (30amp) and it would not start. I have read about the recall on reprogramming the PCM but ford says my FORD ESCAPE 3.0L V6 is not on the recall list. I am somewhat knowledgeable with cars and not afraid to tackle this problem, I just wonder if there is any body else with these symptoms.
Hello,
I see you posted this in March but was wondering if you ever solved this problem or if it persisted. I have had my 2002 Ford Escape for three months with no problems and now it has stalled twice and I have to wait an hour or two before it will start again. The dealer told me there was no way to diagnose it unless they can create the problem which I find ridiculous so I am looking for answers elsewhere. Any advice or information you have would be great.
ttronolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:25   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2002 ford escape stalling

I recently bought a 2002 Ford Escape V6 automatic and it stalls in the following manner: it starts fine, goes into reverse fine, and as soon as I put it into drive, it stalls. It does this about once a week; otherwise , no problems. I took it to the dealer, and he said it didn't do it, so he couldn't fix it. Any insights into the problem would be greatly appreciated!
wmmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:26   #4 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: 2002 ford escape stalling

Hi all! I just wanted to let you know that I had the same identicle problem with my girlfriends 2002 Ford Escape! This was the best forum on the web that I could find for others having similar occurences. Long story short, I ended up taking it in to the Ford Dealer after numerous friends (mechanics) looked at it and it was the Computer that was Blown!!!! $600 later, the car is running fine...Now I dont think that was the original issue, but the same issue happend and the battery and the computer were replaced and it is running fine! It was very perplexing to even try to trouble shoot as it seemed as if it was the fuel pump or cellunoid for the start causing it...but the key that gave it away I guess is that the THEFT light on the dash was blinking, and I guess that told them that it was tripping the system from starting, and the computer was bad. I hope this helps!!
Gizmo9965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum