Ford Forums banner

2003 Escape brake pressure lost

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have an 03 Escape XLT V6. Last week my right rear brake line blew out, so I nursed it home and replaced both rear flex hoses, bled all the lines (fronts and rears) but still not much pressure returned to my brake pedal. Figured the master cylinder probably blew out, so I replaced that too, then re-bled the lines. Noticed an initial increase in pressure while bleeding, but it's still nowhere near where it should be.

Is there some other potential culprit, or would attempting to bleed the lines more help at all?
Open to any suggestions

#2 ·
Does your escape have abs? If so there likely is air trapped in the abs module causing your spongy brakes. Most likely you'll have to take it to the dealer to get the abs pump properly bled.

#3 ·
You checked the rear shoes and wheel cyls , not leaking or seized ? Could also try manually adjusting rear shoes , usually helps a bit with pedal if out of adjustment .( assuming that year / model has shoes fitted ) .Tried using a hand vac pump to bleed ? .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.