2003 ford escape no power and rough idle 3.0 V6. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 15:43   #1 (permalink)
2003 ford escape 3.0 V6

2003 ford escape no power and rough idle 3.0 V6.

i have been having the same problem with my escape for over a month now. i took of the intake manifold to replace my spark plugs, and while i was doing that i noticed that most of my vacuum lines were becoming really dry rotted. so i replaced all the vacuum lines and fittings put the intake manifold back on. on the first start up it was running a little rough, found out i put the vacuum lines on incorrectly. fixed that problem and it ran great! the next day i changed my oil and flushed my coolant. and now its back to running like garbage >:( same problem as before rough idle, now power to push it down the road, and has a hard time revving above 2500 RPM. i have taken the intake manifold off three times now trying to see if there i messed up any vacuum lines, they all seem good. i have checked my EGR valve and solenoid they both seem to be operating as advertised. i have checked my CATS with a laser heat gun and they are operating as should be. i have no idea what to do next for trouble shooting this problem. i was thinking, could a AIC be causing this problem....? any ideas.....? thanks, and sorry for the long story lol :?
MEF_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 18:08   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 2003 ford escape no power and rough idle 3.0 V6.

Any codes? Vacuum pressure? Fuel pressure?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:11   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2003 ford escape no power and rough idle 3.0 V6.

Could still be the cats. Try removing the front o2 sensors and see it it livens up. Not the proper way to do it but unless you have a back pressure gauge will have to do.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum