2004 Ford Escape 138k miles P2195 P2197 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 21:28   #1 (permalink)

2004 Ford Escape 138k miles P2195 P2197

Hello I have a 2004 Ford Escape with 138k miles. My car won't go past 25mp/h I am getting codes P2195 P2197 and I have a rough idle. I thought it needed a tune up. I replaced the spark plugs with Bosch Platinum Plugs and replaced all the coils, plenum gasket, used some fuel system cleaner, and replaced the egr valve and that didn't help. I took it back to the shop and now they say its the Catalytic converters that are clogged. But everything I'm reading about these codes do not mention anything about catalytic converter. I have access to a Solus Pro so are there any tests I can run to check the Oxygen sensors and catalytic converters. Or any other thoughts on what it could be...
umoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 04:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2004 Ford Escape 138k miles P2195 P2197

It does sound like a plugged CAT but you can get those codes from a large vacuum leak. The PVC elbow hoses are prone to problems.

'09 Ford Escape Limited, V6, 4WD
wptski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:51   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2004 Ford Escape 138k miles P2195 P2197

Agree with checking for vacuum leaks. Seen a lot in those. But have also seen quite a few plugged cats. If you rule out a vacuum leak remove the two front o2 sensors and drive it. Will be loud but a lot of your power should return.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum