Ford Forums banner

2005 Ford Escape electrical issue

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a good tested battery, and the charging system been tested and seems to be fine. I have two issues:
The first issue is that the interior reading light (in the center of the roof) is dimming when the signal lights(you can see it flicketing) and also dimms when the high/low beam light comes on. This happens regardless the engine is on/off.
I tried to rule out specific bulbs (thinking that any might have a higher resistance and need to be replaced)but as I noted, the light dimm regardless of what light comes on.
The second thing, I have a short wire bolted to the body (near the neck of the wiper fluid reservoir), but the other end is lose and I do not know where or to what it should be bolted to???
I appreciate any help with that
2005 Ford Escape, xlt sport sport utility, V6 47000 Mi, BCM reprogrammed at the dealer once.
Thank you

#6 ·
Only thing I have found is this .
Engine Ground Wires .How many engine ground wires are on the 04 Escape?
Answer,

"I know the PCM has one on the firewall..And there is one on the left side on the engine mount..Can't think of any others.."

Dont know if that's the one your looking at .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.