2005 Ford Escape Seat Problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 12:17   #1 (permalink)

Question 2005 Ford Escape Seat Problems

Does anyone find that the Ford Escape driver seat is uncomfortable? Let me know please
Tsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2005, 07:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Ford Escape Seat Problems

I just bought a 2003 Escape XLT with 11,100 miles with leather interior. This truck is in excellent condition except for some minor paint scratches on the back bumper. When I test drove the vehicle, I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the way the seat felt since I was trying to look for any other flaws in the handling, road noise, etc. When I first drove the truck to work (approximately 45 miles each way), I noticed that my right shoulder was hurting. After I got to work, I got out of the vehicle and noticed that the area where my right shoulder rested on the seat had no cushion between the leather and the steel frame of the seat. I took the truck back to the dealership and they have repaired that problem, but I still do not feel comfortable in the seat. I feel like I am angled towards the right of the steering wheel instead of being aligned with the steering wheel. I also feel like my body is tilted to the right and I am constantly having to adjust my body to correct for this sensation. Are you experiencing any of these problems as well? Does your truck have the leather interior?

Thanks....
Rannmann68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 20:49   #3 (permalink)

I got the cloth seats, and I'm surprisingly happy with it. I added some seat covers, but the basic shape of the seat is still there. I've driven a variety of other vehicles, and I find this is the best seat I've ridden in, besides a custom bucket racing seat (unfortunately not my bucket seat, but a nice bucket seat nonetheless).

If you don't like it, and can't change the shape of the seat enough to your liking using padding in order to raise/lower your body in proportion to the bad of the seat (maybe you're too tall/short for the seat), I suggest getting at least the driver seat replaced by a custom bucket seat. They're not that expensive, and your back will thank you, especially with lots of driving.
Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:56   #4 (permalink)

I find them extreemly comfortable, but then, everyone is built diffrently. One thing I did find was simply the adjustment from sitting back in my sedan to sitting up more in the escape. better on my back :)
RustyEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 14:57   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsan
Does anyone find that the Ford Escape driver seat is uncomfortable? Let me know please
I have just purchased a 2005 escape. There was a problem with the driver's seat which was repaired, but I am still very uncomfortable in the seat. It feels as though the left side goes "down." The seats themselves are not level, but apparently all the 05 Escape drivers seats are configured the same way. In any case, I'm still trying to figure out how to make the seat more comfortable. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
lfty42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:40   #6 (permalink)

My 05 has comfortable seats IMO. Its an XLT with cloth seats. I am is 5'7" and could probably stand to lose 15 pounds, it fits my frame well.
FEAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 17:38   #7 (permalink)
Escaper64

I find my seats to be very comfortable, even after a 6+ hr drive on one of my camping trips. Sounds like you need to visit a doctor, and not a mechanic.
dab732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:27   #8 (permalink)

Yes, I know I have a bad back, but after I bought the car the seat frame was found to be "bent and tangled" according to the mechanic at the Ford dealership. I have had it fixed twice but it still seems misaligned--I just wanted to find out if anyone else had the same problems. Anyway, thanks for your advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab732
I find my seats to be very comfortable, even after a 6+ hr drive on one of my camping trips. Sounds like you need to visit a doctor, and not a mechanic.
lfty42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:36   #9 (permalink)

I'm 6' tall and found the 05 escape head-rest very uncomfortable. It pushed my head forward! My solution was to turn them around. In backwards, they fit me fine.
jbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 22:08   #10 (permalink)

I'm 5'6" and my wife is 5'8". We have an 05 XLT with cloth seats. No problems. The seats fit us both just fine.

However, the seats in the Escape's sister truck, Mazda Tribute, we found very uncomfortable.
Four_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum