Ford Forums banner

2006 Ford Escape, P0191 code

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
Hello!

About 2-3 months ago my escape stalled, and was taken to a ford dealer where they replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, performed a fuel injection and motor vac de-carb service, and had to replace the power module because of rust.

I was driving and came to a stop light where the car stalled. It easily restarted, but then the check engine light came on. I took it to autozone, and they found that it was outputting a P0191 code, which has to do with the fuel rail pressure sensor. Since the car was fixed 2-3 months ago it has been running fine, and even now continues to run fine. The car did have low gas (a little less that 1/4 tank)

My question is, with everything that has been done relatively recently, is it likely that the cause of the check engine light is from the fuel rail pressure sensor? I'm not very car savvy, but it seems like that would be the most likely cause considering all the work that has been done with the fuel system. I'm just not too keen on paying $100 to have the car diagnosed, and find out it's simply the sensor (which looks like it's an expensive part that is easily replaced).

Thanks for any advice/help!

Brenden

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.