2008 Ford Escape radio problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 17:17   #1 (permalink)

2008 Ford Escape radio problem

Hello guys, I just bought a 2008 ford escape xlt v6 2 days ago. The thing is when I checked the car and test drove it the radio was fine and perfectly working. The day I bought the car I was driving home and when I press the radio button it wont turn on now, it just displays the clock at 12:00 for a second and disappears. The first thing I know is that the trunk switch was not working so the dealers repair men fixed it (maybe wiring) but the radio still worked. Then the day I bought the car the dealer jump started it because he said someone left the lights in the car on and after that jump start the radio stopped working and I searched Google a few people have the same issue after disconnecting/replacing their batteries. My mechanic checked all of the fuses with a tool and they are all fine and I still tried replacing the radio fuse but no luck. The dealer said hes going to try to fix it but I highly doubt his workers will be able after they already made an attempt to fix it today. Also my mechanic called the ford dealership and the mechanic at ford told my mechanic he never heard of this problem before. So basically I am hoping if anyone here has any input for this problem I am in I would really appreciate it.

Also another thing I noticed but probably doesn't matter, the car has cloth seats and the dealer detailed it for me so when I came to see the car the day I bought it was the only car in the lot with all the windows fogged and when i drove home my pants were wet from the seat but the car was detailed probably 3-4 days before that. So I was thinking maybe moisture could've ruined the radio unit? If that makes any sense. I am really sorry for the long post.
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 18:26   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2008 Ford Escape radio problem

A long post is better than not enough information. I'd talk to where you bought it to see what they'll do about the radio. I doubt that the moisture had anything to do with it. It takes awhile to dry out,this time of the year. You'll need to leave the windows ajar a little to let the moisture out until it dries.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:12   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply Bert I spoke to the dealer and tomorrow he's going to try to fix the radio if not he is going to put the radio from a 2010 escape in my escape. Do you know if the 2010 radio will work in my vehicle because it has Bluetooth and has other buttons my radio doesn't. One more question Burt I might buy these leather seats salvaged from an 08 escape the thing is they are heated seats would they still work in my car if don't hook them up to activate the heated seats.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:40   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

The seats should work okay.
Old 01-24-2012, 23:44   #5 (permalink)

Just an update to my radio problem. Turns out the dealer sent me to an Audio/electric mechanic. Basically either the resister in the radio or something else burnt out when the dealer jump started my car, the most likely reason the mechanic told me was that the radio was on when the car was jump started. He gave me 2 tips if you are going to be or are jump starting a car make sure the radio is turned off and he said it is always good when you connect the jumper cables to the cars wait about 5 minutes for the car to stabilize. He told me he has had plenty of customers with the same problem over here in Brooklyn. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem.

P.S. thanks for the replies Bert.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:54   #6 (permalink)

Recently read some posts about the GEM module being burnt up after a jump start. They were told voltage spikes take them out and to leave something running to absorb them. Go figure......

'09 Ford Escape Limited, V6, 4WD
wptski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum