2008 ford escape wiper blades - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 07:36   #1 (permalink)

2008 ford escape wiper blades

Anyone recommend wipers for this? I have standard ones that need replacing i cant seem to find any. The Original ones don't work well in snow at all!?! Thanks
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 06:52   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: 2008 ford escape wiper blades

Most wipers only have a couple ways of attaching themselves to the arm. It shouldn't be too hard to find replacement blades. I picked up some steel blades for $5 at my local Canadian Tire. Most vehicles specify a smaller passenger blade due to clearances as newer windshields are raked back a good amount. Instead of purchasing say a 21" blade for the driver and a 18" for the passenger side as per the owners manual, I'll buy two 18" blades to keep things simple and save money on the expense of the larger blades. I don't notice the loss of 3" on the drivers blade when it pours rain or snows. Winter blades that have the black wrap around the body run around $8 Canadian in my area for 18" size.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:54   #3 (permalink)

Unless things have changed recently, its not possible to get winter blades for my 2008 Ford Escape. When last I checked a few months ago, Ford didn't carry them, and they're also not available in the aftermarket (eg Canadian Tire). I'd love to be proven wrong though.

The stock blades do an incredibly poor job in winter weather, compared to other vehicles for which I've been able to get winter blades.
antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:15   #4 (permalink)

all wiper blades on my 08 escape suck. i had ford replace them once, for free because i complained that on the driver's side it doesn't clear rain or snow...right where i need to see! I was also told they don't make winter blades for the newer cars...they are all weather. i went and bought new heavier blades and it still does the same thing at times, doesn't clear in the middle, and snow/ice build up all the time. all wiper blades are evil and just suck i guess
ankledolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:37   #5 (permalink)

I think the root issue is the construction of the blade. Newer blades are flat, and don't have the same "springy construction" as the older style. Unfortunately, its those springs that provide the tension that's necessary so that the blade is putting appropriate pressure on the windshield. I guess it just goes to show that newer technology doesn't always work better.
antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 15:36   #6 (permalink)

well you are right the escapes wipers suck after a few wipes during the winter then they cannot clean for nothing. I noticed that snow would build up on the edge of the blade and on the backing which causes it to lift slightly during wiping. You need to use a good ice defroster and keep you heater on to melt the ice build up. The new bosh icon wipers eliminates the brackets and prevents lifts during the snow. But still i recommend a good cleaning and of course a good ice winshield de icer.
jtugfestiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 21:14   #7 (permalink)
Cruiser Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtugfestiva View Post
well you are right the escapes wipers suck after a few wipes during the winter then they cannot clean for nothing. I noticed that snow would build up on the edge of the blade and on the backing which causes it to lift slightly during wiping. You need to use a good ice defroster and keep you heater on to melt the ice build up. The new bosh icon wipers eliminates the brackets and prevents lifts during the snow. But still i recommend a good cleaning and of course a good ice winshield de icer.

+1 my 06 Escape is my daily driver

I found the only way to safely see, was to have the defrosters on the entire time. A real pain. And yes keep that area really clean of snow. there has to be a better way....

Mustangshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum