2008 Mariner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 02:32   #1 (permalink)

2008 Mariner Grill Guard

I recently got a 2008 Mercury Mariner Premier. One of the things I though was a little odd is the front grill upper and lower are very open to debris large and small entering and going through the transmission cooler and/or radiator.

Ive done some searching as while there are a couple people who make after market add-on or grills for the Escape no one seems to make anything for the Mariner? Anyone know of anything?

I have done some modification of my own tonight. I removed the front grill (not an easy job) and I used the fine mesh for heavy duty screen doors. It's the black heavy duty made to be animal resistant. The bottom vent I used a little wider heavy plastic diamond mesh screen I had. All in all it looks great. You can not see the radiator at all anymore and no chance of anything less than a bullet making it through.

I used a hot glue gun to attach the mesh screen and it's quite strong with minimal to no mess.

Removing the grill can be done without removing the entire front end but it's not easy. I had to make a tool to push open the clips around the grill and lower fenders. Remove the top clips last as they need room to move/slide or they will break.
lovbyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 18:57   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2008 Mariner

That sounds like a good idea. Can you post some pics?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:45   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
That sounds like a good idea. Can you post some pics?
Sure, since for once I remembered to take some. Usually pictures are an after thought.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7124-2.jpg (73.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7140-2.jpg (62.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7166-2.jpg (140.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7159-2.jpg (96.3 KB, 8 views)
lovbyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 20:32   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

That does look good. Hardly noticeable and that should protect the system. Thanks for the pics.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum